Potato Croquettes Recipe
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 1 quart vegetable oil for deep frying
step 1: In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, eggs, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper, bacon bits and onion flakes. Form mixture into patties, and dredge patties in the bread crumbs.
step 2: Pour oil 1/2 inch deep in a large, heavy skillet. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry patties, flipping to fry them on both sides, until they are golden brown. Serve hot.