Powdered Sugar Cookies II Recipe
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
step 1: Cream shortening and butter. Gradually add confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar), creaming well. Add egg and flavorings. Beat until fluffy.
step 2: Sift flour with baking soda and cream of tartar; add and mix well. Stir in pecans.
step 3: Drop small teaspoonfuls (or shape into small balls) on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until creamy tan in color. While hot, roll in confectioners' (powdered) sugar.