Pretzel Salad II Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium bowl combine crushed pretzels, 3 tablespoons confectioner's (powdered) sugar and melted butter. Mix well and press into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool.
step 4: To make the filling, combine in a medium bowl the cream cheese and 1 cup confectioner's (powdered) sugar; beat until smooth. Stir in whipped topping; spread mixture in crust and refrigerate.
step 5: Meanwhile, combine gelatin mix and boiling water; add strawberries. Let gelatin mixture thicken slightly, and then pour over the crust and filling layers. Refrigerate for 4 hours.