Prize-Winning Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup tomato juice or tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Press into 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
step 2: Bake 1 hour to medium (160 degrees F) doneness until not pink in center and juices show no pink color. Let stand 5 minutes; drain off any juices before slicing.