Pronto Beef Chili Recipe
- 1/2 pound onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 (19 ounce) can red enchilada sauce (also called red chili sauce)
- 1 (2 pound) package cooked boned beef pot roast with gravy
- Reduced fat sour cream
- Thinly sliced green onions (including tops)
step 1: In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onion, garlic, and cumin seed until onion is limp, about 5 minutes. Add enchilada sauce and stir until simmering.
step 2: Discard any solidified fat from beef and sauce. Scrape sauce from meat and stir into enchilada sauce mixture. Cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes and add to pan; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is hot, 5 to 8 minutes.
step 3: Spoon chili into bowls. Serve with sour cream and green onions to add to taste.