Pumpernickel Rye Bread Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached bread flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
step 1: Place ingredients into the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Whole Wheat cycle, and Start.
step 2: After the first rise, remove dough from the machine. Shape, and place into a lightly oiled 9x5-inch loaf pan. Cover, and let rise for 1 hour.
step 3: Bake at 350 degrees C (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack before slicing.