Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, and Leek Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: Heat oil in a heavy-bottom pot. Add leeks, onion, celery, carrot, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and garlic, and saute until they start to brown.
step 2: Add bay leaf, stock, and cream; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until all vegetables are tender.
step 3: Add sage, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaf, and puree. Serve hot.