Pumpkin Bars II Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 ½ ounces cream cheese, softened
- 9 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons milk
step 1: In a medium bowl combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and sugar.
step 2: Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
step 3: Using an electric mixer, slowly add the oil, eggs and pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture.
step 4: Mix and pour into greased 17 x 11 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 - 25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
step 5: To make Frosting: Cream the cream cheese, 9 tablespoons butter, vanilla together. Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and milk.