Pumpkin Custard Pie II Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- ¼ cup cognac
- ½ cup heavy cream, whipped (optional)
step 1: Place baked pie shell on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
step 2: In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add cream, salt, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and pumpkin. Mix well, then stir in candied ginger and cognac, rum, or bourbon (see Cook's Note). Carefully pour mixture into baked pastry shell.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
step 4: Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue to bake until a knife point inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean. Custard will still jiggle. Serve pie warm or at room temperature. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.