Pumpkin Pear Strudel Recipe
- 2 cups peeled, cored and diced pears
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- cinnamon sugar
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
step 2: COMBINE pears, pumpkin, sugar, nuts, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in medium bowl. Spoon one half of filling in center third of one pastry sheet.
step 3: MAKE downward slanting strips in outer sections of pastry (3/4-inch apart) starting about 1 inch away from top of pastry and side of filling, cutting to outside edges. Starting at top, alternately fold left and right side pastry strips over filling forming a braid. Seal at top and bottom of strudel. Place on ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and pastry sheet. Brush strudel with egg; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
step 4: BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Serve warm.