Pumpkin Polenta Cake Recipe
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 cups polenta or yellow cornmeal
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
step 2: In a blender or food processor, blend pumpkin, butter, eggs, and egg whites. Mix in the brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Blend until smooth, and transfer to a medium bowl.
step 3: Mix yogurt and polenta into the pumpkin mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
step 4: Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly before slicing.