Pumpkin Seed Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 slice white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt to taste
step 1: Cook pumpkin seeds, onion, bread, and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until bread is golden brown. Stir in chilies.
step 2: Place mixture in a food processor bowl fitted with steel blade; process until smooth.
step 3: Place puree in a small saucepan. Stir in broth, whipping cream, and salt. Heat through over low heat. Serve with Pumpkin Ravioli.