QOB Veggie Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- cooking spray
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese, divided
- 8 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Combine refried beans, enchilada sauce, cocoa powder, and molasses in a saucepan over low heat; stirring occasionally, simmer until hot, about 5 minutes.
step 3: Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook and stir broccoli, onion, red bell pepper, poblano pepper, and jalapeno pepper until just soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
step 4: Spread a thin layer of bean mixture to cover the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
step 5: Sprinkle about 1/4 cup pepperjack cheese across the center of each tortilla and top with about 2/3 cup vegetable mixture. Fold in two small opposite sides of each tortilla and carefully roll the tortillas around the vegetable filling; arrange in a single layer with the seam-side down in the baking dish.
step 6: Pour remaining bean mixture evenly over the filled tortillas in the baking dish and spread to cover evenly.
step 7: Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven until sauce is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.