Quick Chicken Paprikash Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, divided
- 3 cups sliced white or crimini mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (4.7 ounce) package PASTA RONI® Fettucine Alfredo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
step 1: Toss chicken with paprika, salt and cayenne pepper. In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add chicken; saute 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and onion; saute 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and vegetables are tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
step 2: In same skillet, bring 1-1/4 cups water, milk, remaining 2 tablespoons margarine, pasta and Special Seasonings to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Gently boil uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
step 3: Stir in chicken mixture and sour cream. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.