Quick Chocolate Cola Cakes Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups cola soft drink, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
step 1: BEAT first 4 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add 1 1/4 cups cola. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
step 2: BAKE at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
step 3: COOK butter, remaining 1/2 cup cola soft drink, and cocoa in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts. (Do not boil.) Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
step 4: SPREAD warm frosting over top of warm cake; cool completely on wire rack.