Quick Country Cupboard Soup Recipe
- ½ pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced potatoes
- 2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup seashell pasta
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat; add meat and brown lightly.
step 2: Stir in carrots, potatoes, onion soup mix, sugar, water, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, hot pepper sauce, and pepper. Stir frequently.
step 3: Bring to a boil , add pasta and reduce heat. Simmer gently for 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.