Quick Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: In a small bowl beat the egg and water together. Place the bread crumbs in shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then in crumbs, being sure to coat thoroughly.
step 2: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add eggplant slices and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over eggplant during last minute of cooking to melt.
step 3: While eggplant is cooking, combine spaghetti sauce and pepper flakes in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Cover with plastic wrap and cook at high power for 2 minutes or until heated through.
step 4: Top eggplant with sauce and Parmesan cheese and serve.