Quick Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 5 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 9 ounces frozen French-style green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
step 2: Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan combine water, mushrooms, beans, red or green bell pepper, garlic, and ground black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender; do not drain.
step 3: In a small bowl, combine milk and cornstarch; stir into vegetable mixture. Stir and cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more; add cheese and stir until melted. Pour sauce over pasta and garnish with tomato wedges. Serve.