Quick Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degree C).
step 2: Cut the fresh tomatoes crosswise in half and scoop out the pulp; set aside. Invert the tomato shells on paper towels to drain.
step 3: In a small saucepan, bring the broth and sun-dried tomatoes to a boil. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
step 4: Stir in the cheese, basil, mint and pepper. Then gently stir in the tomato pulp.
step 5: Place the tomato shells in an 11x7 inch baking dish. Spoon the couscous mixture into the shells, pressing the mixture firmly into the shells. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.