Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, brown sugar and flour. Add the melted butter, corn syrup, egg, water and vanilla; mix until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
step 3: Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool, and cut into bars.