Steak and Bacon Tournedos Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- unseasoned meat tenderizer to taste
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, but still soft
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
step 1: Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
step 2: Score one side of the flank steak with diagonal cuts. Season meat on both sides with tenderizer, pepper, garlic powder, and salt; lay flat, scored side down. Sprinkle with parsley, and lay bacon strips lengthwise on steak, then roll up jellyroll style. Skewer with 8 evenly spaced wooden toothpicks. Form 8 steaks by cutting in between toothpicks with a serrated knife.
step 3: Place steaks on preheated grill. Cook for about 15 minutes, turning once, or to desired doneness.