Rachel's Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (11.5 ounce) can tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 20 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
step 1: In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, vegetable juice, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the basil. At this point, you may puree the soup if you wish. Add the cream and butter; return to medium-low heat, and stir until butter is melted. Serve immediately.