Ragin' Cajun Chunky Chicken Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (5 ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Red Beans & Rice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexicorn, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 cups chicken broth
step 1: In large saucepan, saute chicken with oil for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned, over medium heat; set aside.
step 2: Add broth, rice-bean mix, Cajun seasoning, sugar, thyme, bay leaf and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
step 3: Add canned tomatoes, Mexicorn and chicken. Simmer 10 minutes or until bean-rice mixture is tender. Remove bay leaf and serve topped with parsley.