Raspberry-Almond Crumb Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled stick margarine or butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- cooking spray
- 3 ounces block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
step 2: Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, and salt in a bowl; cut in margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Reserve 1/2 cup flour mixture for topping; set aside.
step 3: Combine remaining flour mixture, baking powder, and baking soda, and add sour cream, milk, extracts, and egg. Beat at medium speed of a mixer until blended. Spoon the batter into an 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray.
step 4: Combine cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar, and egg white; beat at medium speed until blended. Spread evenly over batter; dot with preserves. Top with raspberries. Combine the reserved 1/2 cup flour mixture and almonds. Sprinkle crumb mixture over raspberries. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool on a wire rack.