Raspberry Sour Cream Muffins Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kretschmer® wheat germ, any flavor
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Kretschmer® wheat germ, any flavor
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
step 1: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
step 2: For topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
step 3: For muffins, combine flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl; mix well. In medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk and egg; blend well. Add all at once to dry ingredients; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Gently fold in raspberries. Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with topping, patting gently.
step 4: Bake 23 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center without touching a berry comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan.
step 5: For glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in small bowl; mix until smooth. Drizzle over muffins. Serve warm.