Raspberry Trifle Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (10.75 ounce) package prepared pound cake
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
step 1: In a medium bowl, beat cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla and 1/2 cup sugar. Fold 2 cups of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Reserve remaining whipped cream.
step 2: Slice pound cake into 18 - 1/2 inch slices. Drain raspberries, reserving juice. Line the bottom of a 3 quart glass bowl or trifle bowl with one-third of the cake slices. Drizzle with some raspberry juice. Spread one-fourth of the cream cheese mixture over cake. Sift one-fourth of the cocoa over that. Sprinkle with one-third of the raspberries. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture, whipped cream and sifted cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours before serving.