Red Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds maple-flavored bacon
- 1 large head fresh broccoli, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup minced green onions
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 ½ cups seedless grapes, halved
- ¾ cup blanched slivered almonds
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
step 1: Place bacon in a large skillet. Cook, turning frequently, over medium high heat until evenly browned. Cool, and then crumble.
step 2: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Spread slivered almonds on a cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once during toasting. Cool.
step 3: In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Set aside.
step 4: In a large bowl, combine broccoli, crumbled bacon, celery, green onions, red onions, grapes, and toasted almonds. Toss with mayonnaise dressing. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator.