Red Cabbage and Apples Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
step 1: Heat oil in a medium size saucepan. Stir in cabbage and onion; fry until wilted. Stir in apple and water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer about 25 minutes.
step 2: Pour vinegar and sugar into the mixture while tasting for desired sweet and sour taste. Cook another 5 to 6 minutes.