Red Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fluid ounces Mexican beer
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- ½ lime, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
step 1: In a saucepan, bring the water and rice to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes, until rice is tender.
step 2: Heat the olive oil and 1 fluid ounce beer in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken in the skillet, and season with chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix in the remaining beer, red bell pepper, chile pepper, garlic, lime, and lemon. Cook about 15 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
step 3: Place the chicken and vegetables over the cooked rice, and sprinkle with Romano cheese to serve.