Red Potato, Asparagus, and Artichoke Salad Recipe
- 18 small red potatoes
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 5 tablespoons minced fresh chives
step 1: Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bite-size cubes. Transfer to a large bowl
step 2: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus spears, and cook until tender, about 3 minutes depending on size. Drain and immediately plunge into cold water to stop cooking. Cut the asparagus spears into 1 inch pieces. Place in the bowl with the potatoes. Stir in the artichokes, breaking them apart slightly as you put them in the bowl.
step 3: Combine the mustard and lemon juice in a bowl; whisk the oil gradually into the mustard and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. Drizzle over the vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with chives to serve.