Red Wine Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup red wine
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
step 1: Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (170 degrees C). Grease an 9 inch cake pan.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and eggs until smooth and creamy; add the vanilla and chocolate chips and mix well.
step 3: In a small bowl, mix baking powder and flour; add to creamed mixture.
step 4: Add red wine and mix well, but not for too long. Add cocoa powder to taste.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour; let cool and decorate. Serve.