Restaurant-Style Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped white onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced pimento
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
step 1: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, sugar, onion, mustard, vinegar, celery, pimentos, carrot, parsley, pepper and salt. Mix well, chill and serve.