Restaurant-Style Santa Fe Pasta Recipe
- 5 quarts water
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 ¼ cups tomato juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup whole corn kernels, cooked
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 1 boneless chicken breast half, cooked and diced
step 1: Bring water to a boil and add the Rotini pasta and cook according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water and drain well.
step 2: Stir the tomato juice, olive oil, vinegar, chili powder, paprika, salt and black pepper together. Toss it with the drained pasta and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
step 3: Combine the Parmesan cheese, corn kernels, cilantro, scallions, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and diced chicken breast. Combine with the chilled pasta mixture and cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight before serving.