Restaurant Style Lasagna Recipe
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 (6.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: To make filling- Combine in a bowl: ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and eggs.
step 4: To make sauce- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain grease. Combine in skillet, browned ground beef, oregano, basil, garlic powder, sugar, salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Heat through and stir.
step 5: In a 9x13 inch pan, alternate layers of cooked lasagna noodles, sauce, and filling, making 3 layers total. If desired, top with more mozzarella cheese. Bake for 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.