Rhubarb Muffins II Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
step 3: In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, buttermilk, egg and vanilla; mix. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts. Add to flour mixture, mixing just until moist. Spoon batter into prepared paper liners.
step 4: In a small bowl, blend sugar and butter and sprinkle over each muffin.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.