Rhubarb and Apple Crumble Recipe
- 3 cups (3/4-inch cubes) peeled Granny Smith apples
- 2 1/2 cups (3/4-inch cubes) fresh red rhubarb
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- 3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup Equal® Spoonful**
- 2 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
step 1: Combine apples, rhubarb, 1/2 cup Equal(r) Spoonful* and cornstarch. Place in 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
step 2: Combine water, lemon juice and lemon peel. Pour over fruit mixture. Cover and bake in preheated 400 degree F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until fruit is tender. Meanwhile, combine oats, raisins, nuts, 1/3 cup Equal(r) Spoonful**, butter and cinnamon until well blended.
step 3: Remove cover from fruit mixture. Sprinkle with oats mixture. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until topping is crisp. Serve warm with frozen yogurt, ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.