Ribbon Meatloaf Recipe
- 3 slices soft bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground lean pork
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 slices soft bread, torn into small pieces
- 5 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
step 2: In a large bowl, stir together the bread and milk. Add the beef, pork, egg yolk, onion, salt, ground black pepper, dry mustard, sage, celery salt, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and set aside.
step 3: To make filling, in a medium bowl combine the egg white and water. Toss lightly with the bread pieces and Cheddar cheese.
step 4: Pat 1/2 of the meat mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Cover with the cheese filling and top with the remaining meat mixture.
step 5: Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.