Rich Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars Recipe
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups HERSHEY®'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 3/4 cups SKOR® English Toffee Bits
step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
step 2: Combine flour and brown sugar in large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix well. Stir in 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts; set aside 1-1/2 cups mixture.
step 3: Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over hot crust; top with 1-1/2 cups toffee bits. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup chips over top.
step 4: Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.