Ricotta Apple Lasagna Recipe
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 8 lasagne noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Combine Cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, white sugar, and almond extract in a medium bowl. Blend well. Spread one can apple pie filling over the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch pan. Layer with half of the noodles, and then the cheese mixture. Layer again with remaining noodles, and the second can of pie filling.
step 3: Combine flour, 6 tablespoons brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
step 5: Meanwhile, prepare garnish by blending sour cream and 1/3 cup brown sugar in small bowl until smooth. Cover, and refrigerate. Serve warm apple lasagna with sour cream garnish.