Ricotta Cheese Pie II Recipe
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
step 1: Place ricotta cheese in strainer. Drain for about 1 hour, or until most of liquid has been discarded.
step 2: Combine ricotta, sugar, flour, lemon juice, salt, egg yolks, evaporated milk, and milk in a large bowl; mix well.
step 3: In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until firm. Fold into batter until smooth. Divide filling into pie crusts.
step 4: Bake pies for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Reduce oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Refrigerate.