- 1 (8 ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Cook rigatoni in boiling water until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
step 2: Drain and rinse cannellini beans; set aside.
step 3: In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute mushrooms, garlic, and scallions with pepper and basil.
step 4: Add tomatoes, pasta, beans, and tomato juice to skillet. Bring skillet mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until mixture is hot. Serve immediately. Top with grated parmesan cheese.