Roast Chicken with Potato, Olives and Greek Seasoning Recipe
- 4 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Greek Seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 whole (3-4 pounds) chicken
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 6 small Yukon gold potatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives, preferably kalamata
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning with butter. Rub 3/4 of butter mixture under chicken skin (breasts and legs) and remaining mixture on the outside of chicken. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning over outside of chicken and stuff 3 lemon halves inside the chicken cavity.
step 2: Combine onions, potatoes, olive oil and 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning. Place chicken in a roasting pan and arrange vegetables around chicken. Roast 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours.
step 3: Remove chicken from oven; let rest 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a large skillet. Add olives, salt and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes over low heat. Toss in spinach just before serving. Cook 1-2 minutes or until leaves wilt. Remove from heat; gently stir in feta and juice of one-half lemon. Remove vegetables to a large platter. Carve chicken and serve over vegetables.