Roasted Asparagus and Yellow Pepper Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salad seasoning mix to taste
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Arrange the asparagus spears and bell peppers in a single layer on the baking sheet, and drizzle or mist with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
step 2: Roast 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender, turning occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
step 3: In a bowl, toss together the asparagus, bell peppers, onion, almond slices, and Parmesan cheese.
step 4: In a separate bowl, mix the 1/2 cup olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, lime juice, sugar, hot sauce, and salad seasoning. Pour over the salad, and toss to coat.