Roasted Garlic Bread, Olive and Cheese Skewers Recipe
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano or thyme leaves
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, provolone or fontina cheese
- 8 ounces country Italian bread, such as Ciabatta or Como
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- 12 Lindsay® Colossal or Super Colossal Black Ripe Pitted Olives
- 4 skewers (10-inch)
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
step 2: In small saucepan, stir butter, garlic, salt and white pepper over low heat until melted and hot. Remove from heat and stir in oregano. Set aside. Cut cheese into 8 (1-inch) cubes. Place cubes in freezer for 5 minutes before skewering. Cut bread into slices about 1/2-inch thick; cut each slice into 12 (2-x 2-inch) pieces. Cut bell pepper into 12 (1-inch) squares. On each skewer, alternate 3 olives, 3 bread pieces, 3 pepper pieces and 2 cheese cubes. Set a rack on a baking sheet; place skewers on rack. Remove and discard garlic from oil. Brush oil on all sides of each skewer. Roast for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cheese is warm and just begins to melt. Serve hot.
step 3: Roast for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cheese is warm and just begins to melt. Serve hot.