Roasted Vegetable Pasta Recipe
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 (6.2 ounce) package PASTA RONI® Shells & White Cheddar
- 2/3 cup milk
step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In large bowl, combine sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, onion, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss well; transfer to large baking pan. Bake 15 minutes; stir. Continue to bake 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender.
step 2: Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water and margarine to a boil. Slowly stir in pasta; reduce heat to medium. Gently boil uncovered, 12 to 14 minutes, stirring frequently. Most of water will be absorbed.
step 3: Stir in milk and Special Seasonings. Return to a boil; boil 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in roasted vegetables. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.