Roasted Vegetable Pilaf Recipe
- 1 (6.09 ounce) package NEAR EAST® Rice Pilaf Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, cut in half & lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, sliced
step 1: Prepare Near East rice according to package directions, except omit butter or olive oil.
step 2: In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, garlic and thyme together. Set aside.
step 3: While rice cooks, place already cut vegetables in a medium baking pan and drizzle vegetables with oil mixture. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Stir vegetables into rice mixture. Garnish with fresh thyme sprig, if desired.