Roasted Vegetables and Puff Pastry Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green chile pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly oil a shallow baking dish or pie dish.
step 2: Place onion, peppers, and garlic in prepared pan. Season with freshly ground pepper, and sprinkle a little olive oil over them. Roast in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until you think the vegetable are done.
step 3: When the vegetables are tender, remove from oven. Spread tomatoes evenly over the vegetables, and sprinkle with feta cheese. Roll out the puff pastry, and place over vegetables.
step 4: Bake for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven, place a tray over the dish, and then flip it upside down so that you have a puff pastry base with the vegetables on top. Serve immediately while the puff pastry is still crisp.