Robin's Spicy Ribs Recipe
- 2 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving size pieces
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
step 1: Place the ribs in large pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Stir in the lemon juice. Cook the ribs 1 hour, until meat is tender. Drain, and place in large resealable plastic bags.
step 2: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the picante sauce, brown sugar, barbeque sauce, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeno peppers, and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Pour over the ribs in the plastic bags. Seal bags, and marinate ribs 8 hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator.
step 3: Preheat the grill for high heat.
step 4: Lightly oil the grill grate. Place ribs on the grill, and discard remaining marinade. Season ribs with red pepper flakes, and cook 10 to 20 minutes, turning once, until browned and crisp.