Rockin' Baby Back Ribs Sauce Recipe
- 6 pounds seedless watermelon
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
step 1: Cut the melon flesh into chunks, and discard the rind. Place the chunks in a large saucepan over medium heat for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally, or until the melon is the consistency of applesauce.
step 2: Stir in the tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, sherry, lemon juice, and liquid smoke. Reduce heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 2 hours. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature before using.