Runaway Bay Jamaican Chicken Recipe
- 1 large red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
step 1: In a food processor, combine onion, garlic, habanero pepper, and ginger. Pulse until ingredients are minced. Blend in olive oil, brown sugar, vinegar, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cilantro, salt, and pepper. In a container, combine marinade with chicken. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
step 2: Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
step 3: Grill chicken for 10 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.